Xylitol is a chemical compound that is widely used as an artificial sweetener in “sugar-free” products like chewing gums, candies, and chocolate bars. The consumption of Xylitol by your pets can lead them into severe health conditions, including liver damage and low blood sugar.
The initial symptoms like low appetite, lethargy and vomiting may show up in your pet if it has consumed Xylitol. Thus, it is best to check the ingredients on food products and store the harmful ones separately to ensure that your pets do not consume Xylitol.
Advertisement - Scroll To Continue